Saturday, March 1, 2008

God Bless the Cops

I love COPS. Or better stated, peace officers. Although, today, this is a lesser-used moniker. It's very true that, among other public servants, they are certainly underappreciated. If you ask me, that's a sad commentary on America.

I work with the cops everyday. They make my life a WHOLE lot easier. I'd say we have a mutually beneficial working relationship. I boot the kids off campus for breaking the law under the Education Code, and my cops help to either: 1) bring them back safely in one piece, or
2) pass'em on down the line to Juvy for violating some other part of the law. Yes, you might say we work in concert.

Given my relationship with said law enforcement, I'm still not to be exempted from the long-arm reach of the law. You should know that I regularly travel down the Rancho end of the Folsom Blvd. corridor every morning at increased speeds to avoid the traffic of the 50 Highway. On my way, I pass either Officer de la Cruz, or Officer Limpach who just smile and shake their heads.

As a joke, my officers left this sitting on my desk the other morning. They must really love me, don't you think? Ahh, the benefits of being a public servant...

0 comments: