Sunday, June 22, 2008

Get Smart America!

Looks like Vespa is sending a message to all Americans: "Get Smart!" I went and saw the 60's movie re-make with Steve Carrell and Anne Hathaway. Hilarious. In one of their get-away scenes, instead of hopping in the typical V8 Bond car, the two of them jump on a silver LX 150. I just had to grin...

...because about a month ago, I decided that I was sick and tired of paying $75 at the pump each week to fill my gas-guzzler. So... I made a life-long dream a reality! I bought "Bella." She is oh, so beautiful -- a pretty Portofino green with suede leather seat and shiny chrome. I love her because not only can I honor my Italian heritage, and pretend I'm buzzing in front of the Tivoli Fountain as Audrey did in Roman Holiday, but I can "get smart and do my part" in this whole gasoline mess! I'm happy to report she gets 80-85 miles to the gallon. If I ever have to pay in cash at the station and I slap a 10-spot on the counter and mention to the cashier that I'll be back for change, they give me the best looks! (ha ha) Then again, so does everyone else as I drive by. At first it was cute, but now I have people stopping me at the traffic lights wanting to have a conversation about where I bought it, how much it costs, etc, etc...

Go on, admit it. You like her, don't you? So... what are you waiting for!? Have a look for yourself: http://www.vespausa.com/Products/LX.cfm
If you come visit me, I'll even let you have a test drive. You'll fall in love!

1 comments:

L said...

Not to mention that you look seriously stylin' on your vespa!